Parks and Recreation
Located on Moonefield Drive in the Moonefield neighborhood. The park offers playground equipment, three baseball fields, and a private pool. The facilities are privately owned and maintained by the Isle of Wight Recreation Association.
Jersey Park Tot Lot
Located on Windsor Avenue in the Jersey Park neighborhood. The park includes playground equipment, a picnic shelter, a sand volleyball court and horseshoe pit. The facility is open during the daylight hours and is owned and maintained by the Town of Smithfield.
Pinewood Heights Tot Lot
Located in the Pinewood Heights neighborhood. There is a playground area for small children. The area is owned and maintained by the Town of Smithfield.
Located on James Street in the Riverview neighborhood. The park offers lighted tennis and basketball courts, a softball field, picnic area, exercise court, a walking/jogging trail and open space. There is a handicap accessible playground area for children and a senior citizens recreation area with a shelter and gazebo. The facility is owned and maintained by Isle of Wight County.
Robert S. Clontz Memorial Park
Located off of North Church Street on the northern banks of the Pagan River. The park is equipped with a gazebo, picnic tables and fishing pier. The pier is named after a noted artist who resided in Smithfield.
A 4.5 acre lake off of Waterworks Road. A state fishing license is required to fish. Please contact the Treasurer's Office at 365-4200 with any questions.
Windsor Castle Park
Located at 301 Jericho Road. 209.8 acres owned by the Town of Smithfield. Windsor Castle Farm was originally part of a 1450 acre parcel patented in 1637 by Arthur Smith and is situated on a knoll overlooking the Pagan River. The farm was purchased with the intention of preserving the rich historic heritage of the Castle, as well as providing a passive public park on the estate grounds. Future plans include walking and bicycle trails, canoe and kayak launch, picnic, event and demonstration areas, historic interpretation and informational displays. The purchase of 162 acres of farm was made possible through the generous contribution of Mr. Joseph W. Luter, III. Another 46 acres was gifted to the town by Mr. and Mrs. Lewis A. McMurran, III.