Please Contact the Treasurers office at 757-365-4200
For tax assessment please see the Isle of Wight County GIS Tax Assessment Service
- Meals taxes for the quarter ending December 31 are due by January 20.
- Business licenses due by April 15.
- Contractors 10 cents per $100 of gross receipts.
- Retail 12 cents per $100 of gross receipts.
- Professional 35 cents per $100 of gross receipts.
- Repair/Personal and Business Service 20 cents per $100 of gross receipts.
- All others have a $30 minimum.
- Meals tax due, for quarter ending May 31, by April 20.
- Meals tax due, for quarter ending June 30, by July 20.
- Meals tax due, for quarter ending September 30, by October 20.
- Real Estate and Personal Property taxes will be mailed out and payment is due on December 5, 2012 Penalty for late Payment Begins on December 6 2012, interest will be added beginning January 1, 2013. Vehicle license tax has been added to the 2012 Personal Property tax bills and will replace the decals normally sold in February.
- The Real Estate rate is 16 cents per $100.
- The Personal Property rate is 1 dollar per $100.
- Machinery and Tools rate is 15 cents per $100.
- Mobile Homes rate is 16 cents per $100.
- Boats rate are 25 cents per $100.
All Town customers shall be billed bi-monthly by HRUBS (Hampton Roads Utility Billing Service) based on water usage Plus Service fee of $19.30 Per Unit (ie per appartment, per house...). Water Usage Rate is $4.85 per 1000 Gallons Used. Sewage collection is billed based on water usage and equals $3.50 per 1000 gallons, Plus HRSD Sewer Comp fee for the Regional Consent order of $24.14 bi-monthly. HRUBS wastewater treatment charges vary again based on water usage. Connection fees are available upon request in the Treasurer's Office and are based on location of property and the meter size.
Schedule of Fees
- Fishing Permits - The Town owns a 4.5 acre pond off Waterworks Road and maintains a fishing pier along the north bank of the Pagan River. A state issued freshwater or saltwater license is required.
- Yard Sale Permits - Yard sales are permitted for 3 consecutive days per year. The fee is $10.
- Dance Permits - A fee of $25 for each public dance is paid to the Town before the event. Actual location, date and time must first be approved by the Chief of Police before the permit can be issued.
Current Fiscal Year Budget Summary
2012-2013 Budget Summary
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
Financial Year Ending June 30, 2012
if you wish to contact the Treasurers Office about Business licenses, Water/Sewer or Personal Property Taxes Please click the link Below
Click here to Contact