From left to right: Chair Harold Lawrence, Vice-Chair Clem Batten, Catherine Bowden, Joseph Campbell and Faye Seeley.
The Smithfield Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) holds their regularly scheduled meetings at 6:30 p.m. on the 3rd Tuesday of the month in Conference Rooms A & B of the Smithfield Center. They review variance applications, special yard exceptions, etc. The BZA members serve 5 year terms with recommendations by Town Council but are appointed by the Isle of Wight Circuit Court.
- Harold Lawrence, Chairman (term expires 6/30/13)
- Clem Batten, Vice Chairman (term expires 6/30/12)
- Faye M. Seeley (term expires 6/30/15)
- Joseph Campbell (term expires 6/30/14)
- Catherine Bowden (term expires 6/30/16)
Mr. Joseph R. Reish, Planning Technician.
To be on the BZA agenda, applicants must submit all necessary materials to the town no later than 21 days prior to the scheduled BZA meeting.
Download Article 12, the Board of Zoning Appeals section of the Zoning Ordinance to read more about the duties and powers of the Board of Zoning Appeals. You will need Adobe Acrobat to view Article 12.