When: November 17, 2021 12:30 PM until 01:00 PM Eastern Time Zone
Opened November 17, 1928, the James River Bridge has linked Warwick County/Newport News to Isle of Wight County for 93 years. This look-back examines life before the bridge - when colonial ferries and steamers served this purpose. The historical journey begins with the dedication of the original crossing which was hailed as the world’s longest bridge over water. It will continue through the construction of the current structure, and it will further detail the story of how the bridge received its official name.
Location: Isle of Wight County Museum, 103 Main Street, Smithfield, VA, 23430